Virtual Secrets must be 600×450 and must be under 2MB.
This is the ONLY rule.
Rules that will be maintained by moderator are:
- Secret must be about Second Life® or illustrate a secret using Second Life®
- Moderator has the right to not post your secret for ANY REASON THEY DESIRE. PERIOD. Particularly if it is the same, boring, deviled egg. (See Futurama – episode “Roswell that Ends Well”)
- If you submit a secret and have a change of heart you can use the contact form to ask the moderator to remove it. Emails are only seen Monday through Friday. Anything sent after 3pm EST Friday will not be viewed until Monday after coffee.
NOTE: virtual-secrets uploaded between 7 AM and 7:30AM EST on Sundays will not ever be seen by the universe because that is when “housecleaning” clears the folders. Housecleaning is a Roomba and doesn’t care what is uploaded.
If you get an error see below for troubleshooting tips.
Question: I receive the error ‘Error: Only .jpg images under 1.5 MB are accepted for upload’. How do I go about fixing this?
The Steps to fixing this are as follows:
1. Look at your secret’s filename. It should be secretfilename.jpg. If you use secretfilename.JPG, secretfilename.jpeg, or secretfilename.JPEG it will spit out this error. Please rename the secret to secretfilename.jpg
2. Your file could be over 1.5 MB. To reduce files it’s been suggested to do a File->Save AS in your graphics application and it can reduce the size up to 1/3.
3. If you are in Photoshop you can do a File->Save for Web and change the image type to ‘jpg’ and you can see how reducing file quality effects size and image quality.